What to know
The City of Minneapolis scans vendor invoices into a document imaging system before paying them. We do this to:
- Make invoices easy for City staff to review and approve
- Speed up the payment process for vendors
How to submit an invoice
Vendors can submit invoices to Accounts Payable by U.S. Mail or by email. Emailed invoices are paid faster.
Notes for emailed invoices:
- Your invoice attachment must be in PDF format.
- Accounts Payable does not review information provided in the body of your email.
- If you have additional documents related to the invoice, such as timesheets, include them in the PDF document as subsequent pages.
- You can send more than one invoice per email. Each PDF document may contain only one invoice.
Information to include on all invoices
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- Detailed description of the purchase
- Amount owed
- Department name and employee name
- Purchase order section: the purchase order number, if known (City of Minneapolis purchase order numbers are six digits and appear after MPLMN0000)
- Contract number
- Bill to section: City of Minneapolis Accounts Payable, P.O. Box 211208, Eagan, MN 55121
- Ship to section: the department's full address
Note that if an invoice is missing any of the above information, Accounts Payable might need to:
- Delay payment
- Reject an invoice and request proper information
The following related documents are available for you to download:
- Certificate of Tax Exemption form (ST3)
- W9 form: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number
- ACH form: Direct Deposit for Supplier Payments