City Trees Program
2017 Program Details
The City of Minneapolis is once again working with Tree Trust (a local non profit organization) to provide about 1,000 trees to Minneapolis property owners at the cost of only $25.
Due to such popular demand in years past, this year the City Tree program will be administered by lottery.
How does the program work?
- Starting Monday March 13 and running through NOON on Monday March 20 you will be able to register your property address for the lottery at the Tree Trust website.
- All registrations received during that time will be put into the lottery drawing, so you can register anytime during those days. The day and time you register will have no bearing on potentially being selected in the lottery drawing.
- Only one tree is allowed per property owner, regardless of number of properties you own.
- Choose from several varieties and sizes of trees, including fruit trees.
- All registrants will be notified of their status by March 22 and further details on the process will be provided at that time.
- Some Minneapolis businesses and non-profits qualify for free trees. To learn more, visit the Minneapolis Green Business page.
General Program Information
Plant a tree. Healthy trees look beautiful in your neighborhood, increase property values, help clean the air you breathe, absorb carbon dioxide, save on your energy bills with strategic planting, keep the city cooler in the summer, provide homes for wildlife and help manage stormwater.
Since 2006, the City of Minneapolis has funded the City Trees program, a low-cost way to help build the city's tree canopy. Trees are available for Minneapolis residents, businesses, and nonprofits.
The City Trees program has planted more than 10,000 trees in Minneapolis, an accomplishment made possible through the hard work of Tree Trust staff and volunteers.
- Visit the Tree Trust website to order a tree for your Minneapolis property. Some Minneapolis businesses and non-profits qualify for free trees. To learn more, visit the Minneapolis Green Business page.
Last updated Jun 20, 2017