Sign up for e-mail updates from Homegrown Minneapolis.
Upcoming Homegrown Meetings
Food Council January Meeting
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
5:00-7:00 meeting, 4:30 pm optional presentation
Gandhi Mahal, 3009 27th Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55406 (map)
Food will be available for purchase but no purchase is required.
Tamara Downs Schwei
Local Food Policy Coordinator
(612) 673-3553 | email
For Farmers Markets
Why shop at a Farmers Market?
- Local produce is fresh, nutritious and affordable
- Many markets also sell organic produce, as well as flowers and artisan food and gifts
- Support your local economy and help farmers retain their livelihood
- All the major farmers markets accept EBT (electronic benefits transfer) for the SNAP or food stamp program
Map of Minneapolis Farmers Markets
Minnesota Grown directory of markets, co-ops, food outlets
Farmers Markets accepting EBT- current list
(includes Minneapolis and statewide markets- nearly all Minneapolis markets will be accepting EBT in 2014)
EBT at Farmers Markets - A Report from IATP (7/10)
Minnesota Farmers Market Association
2012 City-Market Managers Meeting and Fee Fact Sheet (2/27/2012)
Guide to Hosting a Minneapolis Mini-Market (pdf)
Mini-market regulations regarding size and scope:
201.40. Mini market requirements.
The holder of a mini market license issued pursuant to this chapter shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) Mini markets may contain a maximum of five (5) vendors. At least one (1) vendor must be an agricultural producer.
(2) Mini markets may contain a maximum of one (1) food market distributor of only fresh fruits and vegetables, and only when those foods are not in season and not available at the market from agricultural producers, and a maximum of one (1) home processor selling foods intended for off-site consumption including pickles, jams, jellies, breads, etc.
(3) Mini markets may not contain market vendors of the following types:
a. Food market manufacturers.
b. Vendors of foods intended for immediate consumption.
c. Craft producers.
d. Vendors of services.
e. Plant vendors.
Last updated Aug 8, 2014