For Farmers Markets
Why shop at a Farmers Market?
- Local produce is fresh, nutritious and affordable
- Many markets also sell organic produce, as well as flowers and artisan food and gifts
- Support your local economy and help farmers retain their livelihood
- All the major farmers markets accept EBT (electronic benefits transfer) for the SNAP or food stamp program
For Farmers Market Vendors
The City of Minneapolis is proud to announce the launch of the Homegrown Minneapolis Local Program, a one-of-a-kind effort to help residents find locally grown and produced products, and to highlight local businesses. The program enrolls farmers market vendors from the City of Minneapolis; vendors must be local producers and/or businesses that align with the program mission, and have a commitment to land stewardship and practices that are healthy and sustainable from an environmental, economic and social perspective.
Eligible vendors can purchase:
- Homegrown Minneapolis labels for products
- A tent with the Homegrown Minneapolis logo
- Flags, signs and other promotional materials with the Homegrown Minneapolis logo
Homegrown Minneapolis Logo Program description and eligibility criteria
For more information, contact Jane Shey, email@example.com.
Last updated Apr. 3, 2014