Minneapolis Urban Agriculture Survey
The Minneapolis Urban Agriculture Survey is now closed. A presentation of survey highlights will be available on this web page soon.
Background & Purpose
Work completed several years ago by Gardening Matters, a local non-profit supporting community gardens that closed their doors in early 2019, showed there were 295+ community gardens, market gardens and urban farms in Minneapolis. Homegrown Minneapolis is a City-community partnership, based in the City of Minneapolis Sustainability Division, that started in 2009 to expand our community’s ability to grow, process, distribute, eat and compost more healthy, sustainable, locally grown foods.
Homegrown Minneapolis seeks to expand on Gardening Matters’ work to:
- Quantify the total number of community gardens, market gardens and urban farms in Minneapolis
- Better understand emerging trends of urban agriculture in Minneapolis
- Provide the community with relevant and useful information regarding urban agriculture in Minneapolis
- Continue advocating for programs and city-wide policies supporting urban agriculture
- Respond where possible to reported needs of gardeners and farmers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact Claire Baglien at 612-673-2466. Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Aug 15, 2019