City Trees Program
Plant a tree. Create a shady spot in your yard and habitat for wildlife, save energy, absorb water runoff and increase property values.
Since 2006, the City of Minneapolis has funded the City Trees program, a low-cost way to help build the city’s tree canopy. Trees are available for Minneapolis residents, businesses, and nonprofits.
In the past six years, the City Trees program planted more than 7,500 trees in Minneapolis, an accomplishment made possible through the hard work of Tree Trust staff and volunteers.
Learn more about the City’s efforts to enhance our tree canopy.
2014 City Trees Program
Trees are available for Minneapolis homeowners, businesses and nonprofits and must be planted on private property in the city.
- Choose from sixteen varieties and sizes of trees, including fruit trees.
- First-come, first-served – order early for best selection. Limit one tree per property, maximum five properties.
- These six- to eight-foot trees cost $25 each.
- Ordering opens citywide Monday, March 17, through Tree Trust.
- You’ll need to pick up your tree May 15-19 at the Minneapolis Impound Lot.
- For complete information, including tree species, visit Tree Trust's website.
City Trees Information in English, Spanish, Somali, Hmong:
- You can order a $25 tree to plant on your Minneapolis property this spring
- Puede encargar un árbol de $25 para plantarlo en su propiedad de Minneapolis esta primavera
- Waxaad u dalbban kartaa geed $25 ah milkiyaddaada ku taal Minneapolis gugan
- Koj xaaj yuav tua ib tsob ntoo $25 coj los cog rau ntawm koj lub tsev hauv Minneapolis lub caij nplooj ntoos hlav no
Last updated Feb. 12, 2014