Authorization for Using Someone Else’s Voucher
The person bringing the load of debris to the South Transfer Station must have either a valid MN Drivers License or MN State ID that matches the name and address on the voucher.
If the person dropping of the load is NOT the Utility Bill Payer, whose name appears on the voucher, they must have an authorization form.
Who may use an authorization form?
- A friend or family member, worker or garbage hauler, working for the Utility Bill Payer
- The property taxpayer, who is not the Utility Bill Payer
- A renter of the property
- An employee of the business, if property is a business
If the utility payer is a business or management company:
- Employee name and company name will be on the voucher.
- Employee listed on the Authorization Form, MUST also be the person bringing the debris to the South Transfer Station.
- Employee must show a valid Minnesota Driver's License AND a current utility bill with the company's name listed.
Authorization Form Instructions
- Print the Voucher Authorization Form (pdf), or complete the form at the Solid Waste & Recycling Office, 309 2nd Avenue South, Room 210.
- Office hours for authorization forms are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- The Utility Bill Payer MUST complete the Authorization Form.
- Utility Bill Payer must HAVE a current MN Driver's License/MN State ID that matches the name and address on the voucher.
- Utility Bill Payer must provide the name of the person bringing the debris to the South Transfer Station such as the taxpayer, renter, or the hauler with business name and daytime telephone number.
- The forms must be approved by staff in the Solid Waste & Recycling Office.
- All forms not completed at Solid Waste & Recycling, must be faxed to (612) 673-2250 for approval, and must include a faxed copy of the Utility Bill Payers Driver License or State issued I.D.
- When the Authorization Form is completed and approved, voucher(s) will be issued.
Call Solid Waste & Recycling at (612) 673-2917 to confirm that the voucher(s) have been approved and issued.
Last updated Dec. 30, 2013