Donate Reusable Items
Your trash may be someone else’s treasure, if it’s still useable
- Think about another use for it.
- Offer it to family, friends, neighbors or co-workers.
- Burnable items like stumps, and branches are sometimes wanted by neighbors for outdoor fire pits.
- Someone else might like it for their cabin or garage.
- They might know someone who could really use the item.
- Have a garage sale, or give to someone who is having one.
- Donate to your local church or school.
- Put it out in your yard and mark it "free".
- Call a secondhand store. They might pick it up, or you can take it to them.
- Look in the yellow Pages under "Second Hand Stores".
Hennepin County Choose to Reuse Directory - you can search by business name, item name, city or zip.
Twin Cities FREE Market, a website that coordinates giving (or receiving) free reusable goods for the home, garage and garden.
NextDoor, a social media website for neighborhoods near you.
Stumps and trees can be recycled for a fee. Contact SKB at (612) 331-4610. NRG is located at 630 Malcolm Ave SE. We recommend you call and ask about operating hours, prices, and what is accepted/not accepted.
Last updated May 17, 2018