Get Involved in Your City
The City of Minneapolis creates opportunities for the public to:
- Help shape a future vision for the community
- Plan and make changes in neighborhoods
- Provide information and insight on policy issues
- Serve on the City's appointed boards and commissions
Appointed Boards & Commissions
Volunteers on City of Minneapolis boards and commissions provide valuable insights, help shape key policy decisions and provide community-based input into administration of services. Applications are now being accepted for the over 47 open positions on 10 boards and commissions that the City Council and Mayor will appoint this spring. The City is seeking applicants with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences to strengthen the work of the City.
Applications will be reviewed beginning Friday, April 26th; however the positions are open until filled. For a full list of appointment opportunities and position descriptions as well as additional information visit the boards and commissions website.
Meet your Neighbors, Be an Election Judge
Are efficient, fair elections important to you? You can help protect voters' rights, serve your community... and be paid to do it.
Join America’s largest simultaneous one-day team in the nation!
Minneapolis Election Judge Credo
- As election judges we serve as the Gatekeepers of Democracy.
- As the public's guardians of freedom within a democratic society, we are responsible for the integrity of the election process.
- On behalf of the people of the city of Minneapolis we proudly conduct elections with accuracy, integrity and dignity.
- We conduct ourselves and serve the voters in a manner that maintains public trust and confidence in honest and impartial elections.
Last updated May 6, 2014