The Minneapolis Traffic Control Unit is a division of the Regulatory Services Department. The unit provides traffic control during rush hours in the Minneapolis downtown district as well as for special events at:
Traffic Control Agents also provide the following services to Minneapolis residents and visitors:
- Tagging and having towed illegally parked vehicles, such as those blocking driveways.
- Removal of abandoned vehicles.
- Traffic flow management for large events.
- Information and explanation of city parking regulations.
- Enforce all non-moving violations on city streets.
- Provide enforcement support during street cleaning and snow emergencies.
- Respond to emergency request for traffic control from the Minneapolis Police Department.
To report parking violations please call "311" or (612) 673-3000 if calling outside of the 612 area code.
- Minneapolis 311
- How to Successfully Park in Minneapolis
- How to park brochure (pdf)
- 10 Ways to avoid getting a parking ticket
- Parking Meter Information
- Report Parking Meter Issues
- Critical Parking Permits
- Lane Use Permits
- Minneapolis Code of Ordinances, Title 18: Traffic Code
- Minneapolis Impound Lot
- Minneapolis Police
- Minneapolis Park Police
- Parking Services
- State of Minnesota Statutes Relating to Vehicle Registration
- State of Minnesota Statutes Relating to Disability Parking
- Hennepin County Violations Bureau
- Street Sweep Look Up
- Snow Emergency Information
- Traffic Alerts
- U of M Police
- Metro Transit Police
Last updated May 8, 2016