Kitty Hall is back! This exciting, family-friendly event put on by Minneapolis Animal Care and Control features 23 adorable, adoptable kittens and six ambitious (also adoptable) adult cats running for the offices of Kitty Council President and Meow-or.
Other than City staff, all of the animals at Kitty Hall are available for adoption. Attendees of Kitty Hall will have the opportunity to adopt any of the cats and kittens featured, and cuddle and take pictures with the kittens.
Those who adopt any of the animals can pick them up after the event between 2-4 p.m. at City Hall. Minneapolis Animal Care and Control is closed Aug. 8 for the event. However, Thursday, Aug. 9 to Saturday, Aug. 11, Minneapolis Animal Care and Control will have an adoption “Fur Fur All”. On these date, all cat and dog adoptions will be discounted $10.
Date, Time and Location
August 8, 2018
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Minneapolis City Hall Rotunda
350 South 5th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Meet the Cat-idates
Voting for Kitty Hall 2018 is now open!
You can cast a vote online or in person at Kitty Hall until 12:00 PM on August 8. At the event, human Mayor Jacob Frey and human Council Member Phillipe Cunningham will announce the winners of the election.
If elected, he hopes to purrsue:
- Closing tax loopholes on dog treats
- Investing in a system of high-frequency public transpurrtation routes
- Supporting efforts to develop fashionable collars
Her CatsTogether agenda will include:
- Stepping up anti-trust enforcement against kitty litter monopawlys
- Halting propurrty tax increases for senior felines
- A three strikes policy for squirt bottle attacks
Cast your vote for him, so he can work on:
- Paid pawternity leave for new feline parents
- Reigning in yarn abuse
- Purrmitting additional kitty housing throughout the City
Kitty Council President
Pam feels passionate about the issues, including:
- Decreasing fur ball incidence kitty-wide
- Conducting an annual whisker maintenance study
- Piloting a program to innovate new and improved dry and wet food options
Gravy would be honored to earn your vote, so we can work together on:
- Establishing a system of Municipal Feline Health Insurance
- Instituting a reverse curfew so owners are out of bed by dawn
- Legalizing claw manicures
Beyoncé isn’t afraid to tackle the issues that matter most to her, including:
- Starting a Feather Hanging From a String on a Stick Task Force
- Ensuring access to safe and secure grooming for all cats
- Increasing availability of climbable cat towers in public parks
Want to support Minneapolis Animal Care and Control?
Aren't able to attend Kitty Hall but want to contribute to better lives for our shelter cats--and dogs and rabbits and ferrets and goats and pigs and birds? Minneapolis Animal Care and Control accepts financial and in-kind donations on their website. All your generous donations go to support animals in need.
You can check out the Kitty Hall 2017 page for information about last year's event. More than 3,000 votes were cast for Meow-or and Kitty Council President, and over 20 kitties found new homes.
Last updated Aug 21, 2018