Report Street Light Issues
Report the following issues online using the forms below and a customer service agent will address your concern.
- Questions with an asterisk (*) are required.
- You must provide an email address.
- When you submit the form you will receive an email confirming your request.
- The email will have the case number and an expected completion date for your request.
Street Light Trouble
Have you seen a street light that is out or flickering?
- Street lights on wooden poles are maintained by Xcel Energy. If there is a problem with a street light on a wooden pole report it online at Xcel Energy or call 1-800-960-6235.
- Service Level Goal: This issue may take 15 days to resolve.
- Resolution: Once repairs or replacement is complete, the supervisor or his/her designee closes out the service request. If the service request has been referred to the City’s lighting contractor, the case will be closed upon transferring the work.
Request New Street Light
Do you know of a location where a street light could improve safety?
- This form is for requesting a new street light.
- Street lights can only be installed where the location meets the requirements of City Ordinance.
- Service Level Goal: This issue may take 120 days to resolve.
- Traffic & Parking Services will investigate and determine if a new light is appropriate.
- The new street light must be approved by the City of Minneapolis Traffic Engineer, and the Minneapolis City Council, and the affected neighbors.
Last updated May 18, 2015