Please do your part by properly disposing of trash and recycling cans, bottles, paper & other appropriate materials. Much of the garbage on the banks of the Mississippi or lakes of Minneapolis arrive there via a storm drain! The simple acts of putting trash where it belongs, recycling that can or not flicking that cigarette butt out the window can make a profound impact.
These plastic bags, bottles, cans, and trash cause pollution, and harm our fish and bird populations. It takes away from enjoyment of our local lakes, rivers and streams. Do your part!
You can do your part by implementing these five simple actions:
1. Never put anything down a storm drain - ONLY RAIN IN THE STORM DRAIN
2. Use reusable bags instead of disposable bags;
3. Choose products with less packaging when possible;
4. Replace disposable items with reusable ones such as bottles, plates and cups; and
5. Recycle! Keep recyclables and trash in covered and secured containers.
Last updated Jan 30, 2013