Please properly dispose of trash and recycling cans, bottles, paper & other recyclables. Much of the garbage on the banks of the Mississippi or in the lakes and creeks of Minneapolis arrive there via a storm drain. Putting trash where it belongs, recycling that aluminum can or not flicking that cigarette butt out the window can make a profound impact.
Plastic bags, bottles, cans, and trash cause pollution, and harm our fish and bird populations. It takes away from enjoyment of our local lakes, rivers and streams. Do your part!
Do your part by implementing these five simple actions
1. Never put anything down a storm drain - only rain down the drain
2. Use reusable bags instead of disposable bags
3. Choose products with less packaging
4. Replace disposable items with reusable ones such as bottles, plates and cups
5. Recycle! Keep recyclables and trash in covered and secured containers
Last updated Jan 23, 2019