Public Works

350 South 5th Street
RM 203 City Hall
Minneapolis, MN  55415-1390

Erosion and Sediment Control

Listed below are website links for additional information about Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) design and products, certifications, educational opportunities and other government agency requirements. They include additional materials about compliance to Minneapolis Chapter 52: Erosion and Sediment Control and Drainage Ordinance

Chapter 52 and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) require that the contractor/owner have all appropriate permits clearly posted at the construction site.

Minnesota Pollution Control Agency - Water (MPCA)

City of Minneapolis

Minnesota Erosion Control Association

Minnesota Erosion Control Association (MECA) is a non-profit organization that promotes the advancement of effective stormwater management and ESC practices, including listings of ESC workshops & vendor resources.

University of Minnesota

If you are planning a project that may require an ESC permit, contact Jeremy Strehlo, Minneapolis Public Works, Surface Water & Sewers division at: or (612) 673-3973.

Once you have obtained your Erosion & Sediment Control Permit, call (612) 673-3867 to notify the City of your intended start of construction at least 48 hours in advance of any land disturbances. Failure to do so may result in fines and/or the revocation of the permit, or a Stop Work Order.

Last updated Jan 23, 2017