Roosevelt High School Safe Routes to School
Roosevelt High School is the 2019 focus area for the City's Safe Routes to School Program and supports the City's commitment to Vision Zero, a policy to eliminate all traffic fatalities and severe injuries on Minneapolis Streets.
City Staff are collecting data and engaging with Roosevelt staff, students and the surrounding community to identify potential treatments.
The project will focus on pedestrian improvements at 28th Avenue South between 40th Street and 41st Street.
The goals of the project include:
- Create safer and shorter crossings for people walking
- Improve safety and visibility for people crossing
- Reduce motor vehicle speed and calm traffic
- Improve pedestrian crossing predictability
- Spring 2018--Winter 2018: Collect data and feedback from Roosevelt students, staff and the surrounding neighborhood.
- Winter 2018--Winter 2019: Develop preliminary and final concept
- Summer/Fall 2019: Construct project
Last updated Dec 12, 2018