Public Works

350 South 5th Street
RM 203 City Hall
Minneapolis, MN  55415-1390

Race and Parade Permits

Minneapolis Ordinance (Chapter 447) states that no person shall engage in, participate in, aid, form or start any parade or race, unless a parade/race permit has been obtained from the Director of Public Works.

Learn how to apply and get a permit:

Note: If your event occurs exclusively on park property, contact the Minneapolis Park Board, for Park Permits and Reservations. A permit is not required from the City.

Last updated Sep 27, 2011



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service


facebook25x25 twitter25x25 youtube25x25 Minneapolis311icon logo tv 14 footer icon image linkedin_32x32