20 Year Street Funding Plan
The 20 Year Street Funding Plan is the document that details the process and criteria for how the City of Minneapolis plans to select street improvement projects for inclusion in the annual Capital Improvement Program (CIP). The plan is informed by the Neighborhood Park and Street Infrastructure ordinance.
Neighborhood Park and Street Infrastructure Plans ordinance
On April 29, 2016 the City Council passed an ordinance that was a landmark agreement to equitably address needed funding to repave City streets and maintain neighborhood parks far into the future. The measure provides $800 million over the next 20 years to help the City and the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board keep up with needed maintenance and operations costs for city streets and neighborhood parks.
- The 20 Year Street Funding Plan details the approach, criteria and methodology developed to prioritize street projects in the CIP. All supporting analyses are included in the appendices.
- Please share with us what you think of the plan! We appreciate the feedback. Please submit your feedback here.
- The Amended 2017-2022 CIP can be viewed here.
From April to September 2016 Public Works undertook a planning process to develop the 20 Year Street Funding Plan. During the summer and fall the City:
- Gained input on how to best incorporate equity into the criteria-based process through targeted stakeholder engagement and an open house. Details of that feedback can be found here (link to outreach summary).
- Developed criteria for project selection
- Recommended an Amended 2017-2022 CIP to the City Council that uses a data-driven and opportunistic process for project selection, and focuses on racial and economic equity
- September 27 Transportation and Public Works presentation
- October 6 Ways and Means budget presentation
The City of Minneapolis will continue to evaluate the criteria used to prioritize projects. On-going engagement during the summer of 2017 and refinement to the process is expected.
Last updated Oct 18, 2017