Employee Donation Program For Serious Illness Procedures
(Links to Policy and Forms)
Governing Policy: City of Minneapolis Employee Donation Program for Serious Illness
City Council Approval
Last Revision Date:
Links to Related Regulations:
Collective Bargaining Agreements
The following has been developed to specify the roles and responsibilities of parties in the Sick Leave Donation program.
Employees must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in the Policy and submit, completed and signed forms to Darcie Bisset, Human Resources; Public Service Center—Room 100; for approval. Once approved, the supervisor of the participant will be notified of approval and updated each payroll period via email with the total hours donated to the employee.
Donated time shall be available for use by the eligible employee only after Human Resources has had an opportunity to verify and enter the required data.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Completes paperwork, obtains required signatures and documentation from medical provider. Submits required paperwork to Human Resources-Employee Services
Understands and complies with this policy with respect to the individuals covered by this policy.
1. Establishes, manages and modifies procedures necessary to carry out and comply with the Employee Donation Program for Serious Illness in accordance with applicable laws, City Ordinances, policies and rules.
2. Reviews all applications for eligibility.
3. Once the application has been approved, data concerning donations shall be maintained by Human Resources and is kept on a confidential basis.+
4. Human Resources, Employee Services, processes the approved donations in HRIS.
5. Each payroll period, an email will be sent to the participant’s supervisor and department payroll representative indicating the number of hours which have been donated that payroll period.
Notifies Human Resources—Employee Services when the employee has returned to work either limited duty or full time, in order for Human Resources to determine when the employee eligibility for the program ends.
Last updated Mar 6, 2013