Public Works

Parking Services

Questions about parking or rates? Contact Us.

Visitor/Service Vehicle Parking Permits

Have a repair person coming to fix an appliance in your home or business? Have family or friends coming to visit? If you live in a critical parking area you may purchase a temporary permit for them.

Residents or businesses within a critical parking area may purchase:


Temporary Visitor/Service Vehicle Permits

Additional temporary permits are available to qualified residents:

Businesses are not eligible for temporary permits.

Can I buy a visitor/service permit even if I don’t buy permits for my car?

Yes, it is possible to purchase a permit for guests and/or service vehicles without purchasing a permit for your vehicles. Many times people have off street parking for their own vehicles but need to have street parking for guests.

Last updated Jan 12, 2018



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Salary Compliance Notice:
State statute 471.701; Notice of Salary Compliance, requires that the City post for not less than 90 days
the job title of the three highest paid employees along with their base salary. For 2018 these were:
1. City Attorney, $186,490
2. Assistant City Coordinator Convention Center, $183,600
3. Director Public Works, $181,191


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo