Contact: Casper Hill, 612-673-2342
Sept. 21, 2017
Minneapolis voters begin casting ballots for mayor and other races
Early voting starts Sept. 22
What: Minneapolis’ Early Vote Center opens its doors. Voters will begin casting ballots for mayor, City Council and other races.
When: Early voting opens at 8 a.m., Friday, Sept. 22
Where: Early Vote Center,
217 S. Third St.
MORE: The Early Vote Center is an official polling place. While Minnesota State rules make it easy for news crews to get access to any voting location, State laws govern conduct in active polling places. We request you coordinate your visit with Casper Hill at 612-673-2342.
Below are polling place guidelines, including those in State law:
· Show photo identification to a site supervisor upon arrival along with either a recognized media credential or written statement from a local election official attesting to your credentials.
· Follow any instructions from election staff.
· Stay at least six feet from voters.
· Don’t converse with voters inside the vote center or interfere with the voting process.
· Don’t make a list of those voting or not voting.
· Media may take photos or video while in the vote center.
o No photos or video may be taken of a voted ballot.
o It is strongly recommended that media personnel obtain the permission of anyone being photographed or recorded.
o Any staff person who does not wish to be photographed will have a colored dot sticker on their name tag.
· Direct any staff interview requests to the site supervisor.
· No interviews with voters or staff may be conducted in the voting location. Voters may be approached for interviews only after they have voted, and media should be outside the 100-foot buffer zone.
· Live broadcasts may only be done outside the vote center.
Published Sep 21, 2017