April 9, 2014
Minneapolis honors local public health heroes
WHAT: In celebration of National Public Health Week, the Minneapolis Health Department will host an awards ceremony to honor seven local public health heroes whose work exemplifies the goals of the Health Department and helps to raise awareness of the critical roles that public health and prevention play in making Minneapolis a healthier place to live, learn, work, and play.
WHEN: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Thursday, April 10
WHERE: City Hall Rotunda, 350 S. Fifth St.
MORE: The 2014 Local Public Health Heroes awards recipients are:
• 24th Street Urban Farm Coalition
• The FATHER project
• Will Wallace – Emerge Community Development North 4 Project
• Pillsbury Pedal Power Bike Club
• Project for Pride in Living
• Kathleen Schuler – Healthy Legacy
• Starnisha McClellan & Ron Brown – Northpoint Health & Wellness
# # #
Published Apr 10, 2014