Worksite clinics make it easy to get a free flu shot
Even though the State Fair is barely behind us and the leaves haven’t yet turned color, it’s time to think about getting a vaccination to protect yourself from this season’s flu. Getting vaccinated is the best way to avoid the flu’s fever, aches and fatigue as well as the dangerous complications that can cause pneumonia or land you in the hospital. This year’s seasonal flu vaccine will also protect you for the H1N1 flu strain (swine flu).
Free vaccinations are being offered at vaccination clinics for City employees now through Oct. 25. No reservations are required; all clinics are first-come, first-served. Flu vaccinations are being offered to City employees thanks to Medica and the Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency. Flu clinic schedule/informational flier
No cost to most
- There is no cost to City employees who are covered by Medica. Medica covers the full cost of the flu shot or Flu Mist without deductibles or co-pays.
- The Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency also accepts other medical insurance. If you are covered by another insurance program, bring your insurance card.
- Without insurance, the fee is $27 for the shot or $32 for the Flu Mist. (Make checks payable to the Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency.)
What to bring
1. Proof of insurance (your Medica insurance card, a photocopy of the front of your Medica card OR proof of coverage under another insurance plan accepted by Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency).
2. A photo ID (driver’s license or employee ID badge).
What to wear
- Wear clothing that allows access to your upper arm.
Police Special Operations Center
4119 Dupont Ave. N.
Tuesday, Sept. 20 from 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 6 from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
3000 Minnehaha Ave.
Friday, Sept. 30 from 1 – 4 p.m.
Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 Second Ave. S. (Room 213 AB)
Wednesday, Oct. 5 from 7 – 9 a.m.
CPED Crown Roller Mill building
105 Fifth Ave. S. (Suite 200)
Thursday, Oct. 6 from 8 – 10 a.m.
Public Works/Traffic Shop
300 Border Ave. N. (lunchroom)
Thursday, Oct. 6 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Public Works/ Water East Yard
935 Fifth Ave. S.E. (conference room)
Friday, Oct. 7 from 7 – 9 a.m.
350 S. 5 th St. (Room 132)
Friday, Oct 7 from 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fire Station 6
121 East 15 th Street)
Monday, Oct. 17 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Public Works/Hiawatha Facility
1901 E. 26 th St. (Harriet Room)
Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 7 – 8:30 a.m.
Public Works/ Solid Waste & Recycling
2710 Pacific Street
Thursday, Oct. 20 from 6 – 8 a.m.
Minneapolis Public Housing Authority
1001 Washington Ave. N. (Board Room)
Thursday, Oct. 20 from 1 – 4 p.m.
Minneapolis Parks and Recreation
2117 West River Road N. (second floor Board Room)
Tuesday, Oct. 25 from 10 a.m. – noon
Public Works/ Fleet Services
1200 Currie Ave. N. (Training Room)
Tuesday, Oct. 25 from 12:30 – 3 p.m.
About the flu and vaccinations
Sept. 14, 2011
Published Sep. 14, 2011