Counseling service can help you address medical, legal, financial or personal issues
Are you facing a medical, legal, financial or emotional issue? If so, you don’t have to figure it out on your own.
The City’s employee benefits package includes access to a confidential counseling service that can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Employee Assistance Program, offered through Medica, can help you with these and other concerns:
- Dealing with stress and anxiety.
- Parenting or marital concerns.
- Saving for college or retirement.
- Living with a chronic health condition.
- Recovering from drug or alcohol abuse.
- Coping with anger, grief or loss.
- Figuring out care plans for aging parents.
- Addressing tenants’ rights or other legal concerns.
- Dealing with gambling problems or eating disorders.
- Resolving conflicts with coworkers or family members.
Three sessions with a counselor are available at no charge. An initial consultation with an attorney is available free of charge. If additional legal services are needed, employees are eligible for a discounted rate.
Services can be accessed by phone and online and by appointment in person. To reach the Employee Assistance Program counseling hotline, call 1-800-626-7944.
To learn more, visit www.liveandworkwell.com and click “My Benefits & Programs” (use access code: medica).
Published May 27, 2014