Pick up a free radon testing kit at the Development Services open house April 30
Learn about green building, healthy homes and more at the Development Services Customer Service Center spring open house. Whether you own a home in Minneapolis or not, you can pick up a free home radon testing kit while supplies last and enjoy light refreshments at the event.
Customer Service Center staff helps Minneapolis homeowners, business owners, landlords, contractors and developers navigate the City development process for all necessary reviews, licenses, permits and inspections needed to complete projects.
Attend the event to:
· See free 15- to 30-minute presentations on:
o Building a deck: What do you need from the City?
o Zoning 101.
o Healthy home environments.
o Home-business licensing 101.
o Green initiatives — green roofs, rain barrels, managing water runoff and more.
o The homeowner’s guide to permits for remodeling projects.
· Meet Mayor Hodges and City Council members 4-4:30 p.m.
· Speak to a planner to make sure your Minneapolis project meets planning, zoning and building code requirements.
· Buy residential building permits until 6:30 p.m.
· Tour the Customer Service Center and ask questions.
The open house will be held 3:30-6:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 30, at the Development Services Customer Service Center, 250 S. Fourth St., Room 300. For more information, see the event website
Published Apr 15, 2014