Retirement seminar will outline pension benefits and health care options
Enrollment is now open for a free, City-sponsored seminar aimed at helping employees prepare for retirement. The two-part seminar will offer participants information on retirement benefits, health insurance and financial management. Both sessions will be held from 8:15 a.m. to noon in Room 101, City of Lakes building, 309 2nd Ave. S.
Retirement Seminar Part 1 - Wednesday, Oct. 2
- City of Minneapolis retiree health care benefits.
- Social Security and how it will integrate with other benefits.
- Financial planning and budgeting.
Retirement Seminar Part 2 – Wednesday, Oct. 9
- State of Minnesota (Deferred Compensation Plan) benefits.
- Medica - supplemental Medicare options.
- PERA (Public employees Retirement Association) coordinated pension benefits.
How to enroll
Enrollment is limited, so be sure to sign up promptly. To enroll –
- Log onto HRIS
- Click on the “Learning and Development” link (left side of screen),
- Click on “Search Catalog” and type “retirement,”
- Click on the “Retirement Seminar” link and then click on “View Details” to check for available seats
- Click on “Enroll” and then “Submit Enrollment.”
Spouses/partners are welcome to attend. Please notify Katie McGuire at (612) 673-2095 or [email protected] if you wish to reserve a seat for your spouse/partner.
Published Sep 18, 2013