Retirement seminars will outline pension benefits and health care options
Employees who are thinking ahead to retirement can register for one of the upcoming City-sponsored retirement seminars offered next month.
Seminar speakers will outline:
- Health insurance benefits offered by the City of Minneapolis and Medicare.
- Pension benefits offered by Social Security and PERA (Public Employees Retirement Association)
- Retirement savings options offered through the Minnesota Deferred Compensation Plan.
If you are interested in attending a seminar, please register promptly. Enrollment is limited, and these workshops are very popular.
Seminar dates and locations
Tuesday, May 21
7 a.m. – noon
Currie Conference Center, 1200 Currie Avenue
Thursday, May 23
3 – 7:15 p.m.
Room 101, City of Lakes, 309 2nd Avenue South
How to enroll
- Log onto HRIS.
- Click on the “Learning and Development” link (left side of screen).
- Click on “Search Catalog” and type “retirement.”
- Click on the “Retirement Seminar” link and then click on “View Details” to check for available seats.
- Select the seminar you wish to attend and click on “Enroll.” Then click on “Submit Enrollment.”
Spouses/partners are welcome to attend. Please notify Katie McGuire at (612) 673-2095 or email@example.com if you wish to reserve a seat for your spouse/partner.
Published Apr 24, 2013