March 4 health fair will be held at the Park Board
The final of five free Employee Health Fairs scheduled by the Human Resources Department will be held Monday, March 4 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Minneapolis Park Board, 2117 West River Road.
Like the four previous health fairs, people who registered for an appointment will receive free biometric screenings to help them understand their risk for heart disease and diabetes — all without a trip to the doctor’s office. The screening involves checking blood pressure, testing glucose and cholesterol levels, and calculating body mass index. A nurse will go over each participant’s test results at the event.
In addition to getting useful health risk information, participants will earn 100 points in Medica’s My Health Rewards* program. Employees who earn 300 points by Aug. 31, 2013 will be eligible for lower health insurance premiums in 2014.
Advance registration was required – all slots filled
To lessen wait times, advance registration was required for the biometric screenings. At this time, all biometric screening appointments have been taken.
To accommodate interest, additional screenings at City Hall will be scheduled in the near future. Please watch CityTalk and Minneapolis Matters for notices.
Arrive five minutes before your appointment
Please arrive five minutes before your assigned appointment to allow time to complete paperwork. If you are a Medica member, bring your Medica ID card.
For best results, fast for 8 to 12 hours prior to your appointment. (Even though you are fasting, you should drink water and take all your prescribed medications.)
If you must cancel
If you registered online and are now unable to attend, please cancel your appointment by logging onto https://pickatime.com/cityofminneapolis.htm. If you signed up using a paper sign-up form, please note your cancelation on the same form.
* My Health Rewards activities
Participating in these activities will help you earn the 300 points needed to be eligible for lower health insurance premiums in 2014.
- Personal Health Profile (100 points) – Complete this short health questionnaire by logging onto mymedica.com and clicking on the Health & Wellness tab. In addition to earning 100 points, you will receive a $20 gift card from Medica.
- Biometric Screening (100 points) – Obtain lab results for blood glucose, total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, blood pressure and body mass index. If you participate in biometric screening at an on-site event such as the Employee Health Fair, your results will be automatically submitted to Medica, and you’ll earn 100 points without having to complete any additional paperwork. (You can also have testing done by your physician and submit a Health Action Notification form to Medica.)
- Fit Choices by Medica (100 points) – Work out at a participating fitness center eight times per month for at least four months between now and July 31, 2013, to earn 100 points. To enroll in the program, bring your Medica ID card to your health club.
- Health Topics and Goals (100 points) – If you complete eight new health topics and set eight health goals, you will earn 100 points and a $40 gift card from Medica.
To learn about additional options — participating in a personal health coaching program, smoking cessation program or by-invitation program designed to help people with specific health conditions — visit the City’s My Health Rewards webpage.
Published Feb. 27, 2013