Weight Watchers meetings on hold until more people enroll
Due to insufficient enrollment, the Weight Watchers at Work program has been suspended. The program will resume if at least 15 employees enroll.
If the program resumes, the group will meet in room 525 of the Public Service Center on Tuesdays from 12 to 12:30 p.m. Weekly meetings include a discussion on a weight loss topic and distribution of materials to take home. Discussion topics include: curbing stress eating, making healthy food choices, eating out, getting active, etc.
If you’re interested in finding a convenient way to fit weight loss support sessions into your busy schedule, consider enrolling. The cost is $39.95 per month (a little more than $9 per week) and includes free e-tools and an online payment/renewal process.
Here’s how to enroll:
- Go to: https://wellness.weightwatchers.com
- Enter the company ID: 42663
- Enter the company password: WW42663
- Register and personalize your account (you will be asked to create a username and password – keep it for your records)
- Complete your company information: City of Minneapolis, 250 South Fourth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415
- Agree to the terms and conditions by clicking the small box and then clicking “next”
- Click “Go” in the Attend Meetings box
- If your “At Work” meeting does not yet have the required 15 Monthly Pass purchases to start a meeting when you are enrolling, the next screen will show locations and times for local meetings. Click on “buy monthly pass” button at the top right hand corner of any of the local meetings that appear. Now you will see a screen to complete your Monthly Pass purchase associated with the City of Minneapolis. You may use a credit card, debit card, or, Paypal.
- Complete your Monthly Pass purchase by following the screen prompts.
- When you are finished, print off your temporary pass to confirm your purchase.
If your weight loss has been recommended by your physician, a form is available that can be completed and submitted with a receipt so you can use your flexible spending dollars or HRA/VEBA to pay for your Weight Watchers participation.
For more information, please contact Amy Friedman at [email protected].
Published Jan 30, 2013