Take advantage of computer training opportunities
In the coming weeks, employees can take advantage of free training to learn or improve skills in Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. All classes are offered by Human Resources, and will be held in the Public Service Center, 250 South 4th St.
To see the class times, look for additional classes planned for this spring, or enroll in training, log onto HRIS and click on Learning and Development. Then click on Search Catalog and type in a key word (Excel or Word, for example) into the search text box.
Please note: Some classes are full or only have a few seats open. When you are in HRIS looking at the course description, click on “View Details" to check whether there are openings in the class you want to take. If the class is full, add it to your learning plan by clicking "Add to Plan.” Adding the class to your learning plan will help course planners determine what additional classes should be offered.
February and March computer classes
- Access Level 1 – Wednesday & Thursday, March 6 & 7
- Excel Level 1 – Thursday, Feb. 7
- Excel Level 1 – Tuesday, March 12
- Excel Level 1 – Tuesday, March 19
- Excel – Pivot Tables – Wednesday, Jan. 23
- Excel Level 2 – Thursday, Feb. 21
- Excel Level 2 – Monday, March 4
- Excel Level 2 – Tuesday, March 26
- Excel - Macros – Wednesday, March 20
- Internet Explorer – Friday, March 15
- Outlook Level 1 – Friday, Feb. 8
- Outlook Level 1 – Tuesday, March 5
- Outlook Level 1 – Monday, March 18
- PowerPoint Level 1 – Tuesday, Feb. 19
- PowerPoint Level 1 – Wednesday, March 13
- PowerPoint Level 2 – Thursday, March 28
- Word Level 1 – Wednesday, Feb. 6
- Word Level 1 – Friday, Feb. 22
- Word Level 2 – Monday, March 11
- Word Level 3 – Thursday, March 21
Online learning option
In addition to these instructor-led classes, City employees can take advantage of eLearning opportunities. These online learning opportunities allow you to work at your own pace and access only the lessons you are interested in. For more information, visit the eLearning page on CityTalk.
Published Jan 30, 2013