Weight Watchers at Work will be cancelled unless more people join
Weight Watchers at Work offers a convenient way for employees to fit weight loss support sessions into their busy schedule. Currently, meetings are held on Tuesdays from 12 to 12:30 p.m.; however, additional enrollees are need for this service to continue.
If you’re interested in losing weight or maintaining your weight loss, now is the time to enroll. The cost is $39.95 per month (a little more than $9 per week) and includes free e-tools and an online payment/renewal process.
Meetings are held in Room 14, Public Service Center and include a discussion on a weight loss topic and distribution of materials to take home. Discussion topics include: curbing stress eating, making healthy food choices, eating out, getting active, etc.
Here’s how to enroll:
- Go to: https://wellness.weightwatchers.com
- Enter the company ID: 42663
- Enter the company password: WW42663
- Register and personalize your account (you will be asked to create a username and password – keep it for your records)
- Complete your company information: City of Minneapolis, 250 South Fourth Street, Room 14, Minneapolis, MN 55415
- Click “yes” to indicate you are interested in a meeting
- Agree to the terms and conditions by clicking the small box and then clicking “next”
- If your “At Work” meeting does not yet have the required 20 Monthly Pass purchases to start a meeting when you are enrolling, the next screen will show locations and times for local meetings. Click on “buy monthly pass” button at the top right hand corner of any of the local meetings that appear. Now you will see a screen to complete your Monthly Pass purchase associated with the City of Minneapolis. You may use a credit card, debit card, or, Paypal.
- Complete your Monthly Pass purchase by following the screen prompts.
- When you are finished, print off your temporary pass to confirm your purchase.
If your weight loss has been recommended by your physician, a form is available that can be completed and submitted with a receipt so you can use your flexible spending dollars or HRA/VEBA to pay for your Weight Watchers participation.
For more information, please contact Amy Friedman at Amy.Friedman@minneapolismn.gov.
Published Jun 6, 2012