Two-part seminar helps participants prepare for retirement
This two-part retirement seminar, offered by Human Resources, offers participants information on retirement benefits, health insurance and financial management.
The Feb. 16 session will cover:
· PERA coordinated pension benefits.
· Medicare and insurance options for individuals over age 65.
· HRA/VEBA and health care continuation for employees retiring before they turn 65.
The Feb. 21 session will cover:
· Social Security – when and how to sign up.
· Deferred Compensation.
· Financial planning and budgeting.
Both sessions run from 8 a.m. to noon in room 101, City of Lakes building, 309 2nd Ave. S.
Enrollment for this seminar has closed; however, Human Resources periodically offers this class throughout the year. To watch for future sessions, look for announcements in this newsletter or log onto HRIS and then click on Learning and Development.
Published Feb 15, 2012