Register now for the Neighborhoods USA conference in MInneapolis May 22-25
People from across the country will gather in Minneapolis May 22-25, 2013 for Neighborhoods USA's 38th Annual NUSA Conference on Neighborhood Concerns. This year's conference is being hosted by the Neighborhood and Community Relations (NCR) Department, in partnership with Nexus Community Partners and the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board.
The conference is expected to bring over 800 people to Minneapolis from across the country to share experiences and learn from each other. Our region has a long, established culture of community engagement. St. Paul and Rochester will join with Minneapolis to provide hands-on learning, sharing and networking opportunities. The conference will provide helpful tools for engaging your community by exploring unique challenges, possibilities and practical application of successful engagement and community building strategies.
Although many attendees will be from across the country, folks in Minneapolis are encouraged to attend and take part in the conference. For more details, and to register, visit this page. Early bird registration ends April 26, so sign up soon.
The conference includes all of the following:
- Pre-Conference Workshops on Wednesday afternoon
- Welcome Reception on Wednesday night
- Opening Keynote Breakfast on Thursday morning featuring John McKnight
- Thursday Educational Workshops
- Keynote Luncheon on Thursday afternoon featuring Majora Carter
- Thursday Evening Neighborhood Pride Tours (includes dinner)
- Keynote Breakfast on Friday morning featuring Peter Kageyama
- Friday Educational Workshops
- Neighborhood of the Year Awards Luncheon on Friday
- Celebration of Neighborhoods in Minnehaha Park on Friday night
- Continental Breakfast on Saturday
- Best Neighborhood Program Awards Luncheon on Saturday
- Your annual NUSA membership dues (included in registration fee)
- Ability to vote for NUSA Board of Directors
- Attendance at the annual NUSA general membership meeting on Saturday
- A Special Post-Conference Workshop on Saturday afternoon
Published Apr. 16, 2013