C.A.R.A.G.

Location and General Characteristics

The Calhoun Area Residents Action Group, commonly known by the acronym "CARAG," is bounded by Lake Street and 36th Street to the north and south and Hennepin Avenue and Lyndale Avenue to the west and east. The neighborhood is in the heart of Uptown and is in walking distance of Lake Calhoun. CARAG is well established with three-fourths of its homes built before 1920. The neighborhood is also home to a strong mix of service and retail businesses, as well as four churches and a synagogue.

The basketball half court at Bryant Square Park. This neighborhood park is located on Bryant Avenue, one block south of Lake Street. It was called the Eighth Ward Park until 1907, when it was renamed after the poet and journalist William Cullen Bryant.

Last updated Sep 27, 2011