Rebuilding Our Communities Fund
The "Rebuilding Our Communities Fund" is a two-year program and the $600,000 in funding for the Rebuilding Our Communities Fund comes from new revenues and will not impact existing neighborhood allocations. The program will specifically be for Folwell, Harrison, Jordan, McKinley, Webber-Camden, and Willard-Hay neighborhoods, which were those impacted by the tornado.
The Rebuilding Our Communities Fund will help build the capacity of neighborhood organizations so that they play a lead role in the effort to:
- engage existing community organizations and volunteers
- identify ongoing and evolving needs of the community
- advocate for continued resources for the community to federal, state and local authorities
- identify gaps in service delivery, and
- capture the momentum to reshape the future of their communities.
On Friday, July 1 st the Minneapolis City Council approved the Rebuilding Our Communities Fund.
Last updated Sep. 27, 2011