Access and Outreach
The Access and Outreach team builds connections with communities where cultural norms or practices, language or disabilities limit knowledge and access to government.
One of the largest barriers to participation can be through language. The Access & Outreach team works to remove those barriers through the City's Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Plan. The department has Access & Outreach specialists that speak Spanish, Somali and Hmong.
Communities served by the Access and Outreach team in Minneapolis:
To contact a member of the Access and Outreach team, visit NCR's "contact us" webpage.
- NCR staff attend national conference on immigration (1/6)
- NCR employee participates in panel discussion at the American Swedish Institute (9/10)
- NCR and MPD team up to host a Public Saftey Career Fair on the city's North Side (7/29)
- NCR employee recives pretigious award from Mexican government (6/15)
- City officials and community members prepare for the month of Ramadan (6/10)
- Community engagement in action (5/15)
- Minneapolis pledges a new relationship with the Hmong community (11/14)
Minneapolis Language Lines
Spanish Line: (612) 673-2700
Somali Line: (612) 673-3500
Hmong Line: (612) 673-2800
American Sign Language Line: (612) 673-3220
TTY Line: (612) 673-2157
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department at 612-673-3737. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Jan 6, 2016