Senior Citizen Advisory Committee
In 1974, the Minneapolis City Council established a Senior Citizen Advisory Committee (SCAC) to bring senior citizen concerns to the attention of the Mayor and City Council.
- To advise the Mayor and City Council of the existence of situations and problems concerning senior citizens.
- To suggest or recommend action to deal with these situations.
- To advise and suggest programs or activities of value to the City generally.
- To advise and suggest programs or activities of particular value to senior citizens.
- To serve as liaison or as an additional channel of communication between the Mayor’s Office, the City Council and the senior citizen community.
- To develop long and short range goals and objectives on an annual basis.
- To work closely with the Minneapolis Senior Ombudsman.
- To act at all times within the province of this charge for the general interest of Minneapolis senior residents, rather than in the specific interests of any group or individual.
The SCAC meets the second Thursday of every month from 1:00 - 2:30 pm in Room 333 of Minneapolis City Hall. For more information please call Ahmed Muhumud at (612) 673-2162 or EMAIL .
Last updated Dec. 13, 2012