Neighborhood & Community Engagement Commission (NCEC)
The NCEC advises the mayor and City Council, recommends improvements to the City’s community engagement process, develops guidelines for the Community Participation Program, a neighborhood funding program, works to increase diversity on other advisory boards, and reviews the business plan for the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department.
16 residents comprise the NCEC. Neighborhood organizations elect 8 residents, and there are 5 City Council appointees, 2 mayoral appointees, and 1 Park and Recreation Board appointee.
This list reflects the results of the July 17, 2019 neighborhood representative elections. Mayor and Council appointments have not yet been announced.
- NCEC District 1 - Jeff Strand
- NCEC District 2 - Paul Junek
- NCEC District 3 - (Vacant, apply here)
- NCEC District 4 - Marcus Mills
- NCEC District 5 - Lolita Davis Carter
- NCEC District 6 - Michael Malone
- NCEC District 7 - Christy Marie Caez Claudio
- NCEC District 8 - Marcea Mariani
- Mary Dedeaux-Swinton
City Council Appointees
- Queen Kimmons
Park Board Appointee
Join the NCEC
Deadline extended to July 31, 2019 for neighborhood seats in District 3.
Eight of the 16 NCEC commissioners are appointed through the open appointments process and eight members are elected by Minneapolis neighborhood organizations.
- Mayor and City Council Appointed Seats: Closed on May 31, 2019.
- Neighborhood Representative Seats: Learn about the neighborhood representative seats and apply to serve on behalf of District 3.
Next Meeting Date
There is no July 2019 NCEC meeting. New members will be seated at next meeting on August 27.
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 (Full Commission Meeting)
5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Minneapolis Central Library, Doty Board Room, Second Floor
300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Agenda TBA
- Draft of minutes (6/25/19) TBA
View past meeting agendas and materials.
All NCEC meetings are open to the public.
Watch past meeting videos
- View NCEC meetings in the NCEC tab of the Minneapolis City Council TV page, Minneapolismn.gov/tv/citycounciltv.
Last updated Jul 18, 2019