Neighborhood & Community Engagement Commission (NCEC)
Representatives of Minneapolis neighborhood and cultural communities sit on the NCEC and advise the Mayor and City Council on a wide range of community engagement issues. The NCEC is responsible for developing guidelines for the City’s principal neighborhood funding program, the Community Participation Program. The Commission also works to broaden participation on advisory boards and commissions, develops recommendations for improving the City’s public participation process, and reviews the business plan for the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department.
Eight of the 16 NCEC commissioners are appointed through the open appointments process with the remaining members elected by Minneapolis neighborhood organizations.
The next meeting is:
Tuesday, September 27, 2016 (Full Commission Meeting)
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall
5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Agenda (9/27/16)
- Minutes (8/23/16)
- Agenda Item 4: Staff Report on Review of Executive Committee Elections
- Agenda Item 5c: NCEC 2015-2016 Annual Report
- Agenda Item 7a: Community Forums Task Force Charge
- Agenda Item 7b: Crime and Safety Task Force Charge
Monday, September 26, 2016 (Neighborhoods 2020 Committee)
Crown Roller Mill, 1st Floor Conference Room (105 5th Avenue South)
- Agenda (9/26/16)
- Minutes of the August 22, 2016 Committee Meeting
- Agenda Item 1: Draft Neighborhoods 2020 Work Plan
Thursday, September 22, 2016 (City Department Engagement Committee)
Crown Roller Mill, Room 425 (105 5th Avenue South)
- Agenda (9/22/16)
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of the August 31, 2016 Committee Meeting
- Agenda Item 2: Committee Work Plan
- Agenda Item 3: Community Engagement Process Model Guidebook, draft revisions to the Process Model Guidebook and 2012 City Department Engagement Task Force Final Report
View past meeting agendas and materials.
2016 Committee Meeting Calendar:
All NCEC meetings are open to the public.
Interested in watching the commission meeting?
Check the Government Meeting Channel 79 Live and Reply Schedule for when the NCEC meeting will air or
Request a DVD. Send us an email including the date of the meeting and a mailing address.
The City of Minneapolis invites and encourages participation by every resident to each program, service and event within our city. Should you require an accommodation in order for you to fully participate, or should you require this document in a different format, please let us know by contacting 612-673-3737.
Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800;
Spanish - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llame al teléfono (612) 673-2700;
Somali - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac (612) 673-3500
Last updated Sep 22, 2016