Subcommittee of the NCEC on Neighborhoods 2020
Please note that this is not the Neighborhoods 2020 web page. This page outlines the meetings of the committee on Neighborhoods 2020 within the Neighborhood and Community Engagement Commission (NCEC), which has suspended meetings until the conclusion of the Neighborhoods 2020 work group process. The committee is scheduled to reconvene in November of 2018.
- See latest news and view the Neighborhoods 2020 web page, Minneapolismn.gov/ncr/2020, here.
In January-February 2015, the Neighborhood and Community Engagement Commission (NCEC) identified the community engagement process to facilitate a citywide dialogue on redefining the roles and expectations of neighborhood organizations that are funded by the Community Participation Program, aimed at making neighborhood organizations more inclusive and effective, as one of its strategic planning priorities for action during 2015. The term Neighborhoods 2.0 was considered and subsequently the Neighborhoods 2020 term was identified for the process. This is also a strategic direction within the Blueprint for Equitable Engagement.
The NCEC Neighborhoods 2020 Committee will partner with Neighborhood and Community Relations Department staff, neighborhood organizations, City Council offices as appropriate, and other key stakeholders to conduct engagement, to develop and compile recommendations to the NCEC on actions to envision the next phase of Minneapolis’ neighborhood programming that reflects changes in the city’s population diversity and demographics, as well as changing opportunities and challenges in the 21st Century.
Policy Work adopted by the committee and the full NCEC:
- Recommendations for Recalculating the 2020 Roadmap and Funding Recommendations for City Council (5/15/18)
- Neighborhoods 2020 framework - adopted March 25, 2015
- Recommendations on the Community Participation Program Guidelines (4/26/16)
- Recommendations to the City of Minneapolis on neighborhood organization support - adopted February 26, 2016
The Neighborhoods 2020 committee of the NCEC typically meets the third Monday of the month on first floor of Crown Roller Mill. 105 5th Avenue South. Minneapolis, MN from 6:00PM to 7:30PM.
May 21, 2018
Crown Roller Mill, 1st Floor Conference Room,105 5th Ave S., Minneapolis
6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Agenda (5/21/18)
- April 16, 2018 minutes
- March 14, 2018 minutes
- February 26, 2018 minutes
- December 18, 2017 minutes
- November 20, 2017 minutes
- October 16, 2017 minutes
- September 18, 2017 minutes
- August 14, 2017 minutes
- June 19, 2017 minutes
- July 17, 2017 minutes
- May 15, 2017 minutes
- April 17, 2017 minutes
- March 20, 2017 minutes
- February 23, 2017 minutes
Last updated Oct 31, 2018