Enrollment in the 2013 Minneapolis City Academy begins in June!
Have you ever wondered how emergency calls in Minneapolis are dispatched? How streets get plowed? How the water gets to your facet? Or, how property gets developed? The answers to these questions and more will be discussed at the 2013 Minneapolis City Academy program beginning in September 2013.
Academy participants will
- Tour the City’s Emergency Operations Center
- Learn the latest in firefighting techniques
- Discover how the Minneapolis Water Utility is operated and tour the water treatment plant
- Find out how developments are planned and constructed
- Learn about police procedures
- Find out how taxes are levied and budgets approved
- Ask questions of City government leaders
- And more!
The program is open to all Minneapolis residents who are 18 years or older. The academy is filled on a first-come, first-served basis. To apply, please complete the application form (PDF).
Neighborhood and Community Relations
Public Service Center, Room 110
250 4th Avenue South
Last updated Apr. 3, 2013