The conference is an annual free event with exciting learning labs, speakers, panel discussions and fascinating exhibitors. Save the date: the 8th annual Community Connections Conference is on February 2, 2019! This year's theme will be Together: Mobilizing for a Better Minneapolis.
Conference participants will:
- Gain practical skills and tools to be involved in communities and City decision-making.
- Explore unique challenges, possibilities and practical applications of community engagement.
- Strengthen neighborhood and community connections.
- Learn ways to better reach out to under-represented communities.
|Registration|| ||8:00 a.m.|
|Opening panel|| ||9:00-10:15 a.m.|
|Morning workshops|| ||10:30-11:45 a.m.|
|Lunch || ||12:00-1:00 p.m.|
|Afternoon workshops|| ||1:15-2:30 p.m. |
|Closing forum|| ||2:45-4:00 p.m.|
Exhibit space is free for nonprofit and public organizations. Read more...
The goals and themes reflect the central purpose of the conference to strengthen, increase diversity in leadership and connect residents to City resources. We invite presenters addressing one or more of the conference goals and challenge participants to take action in their organizations, institutions and communities.
Do you have an idea for a workshop around community engagement and this year's theme of Together: Mobilizing for a Better Minneapolis? Send your proposal to Nick Ngo at [email protected].
We are seeking proposals from individuals, communities, organizations, City departments and institutions that represent a variety of voices, modes of expression, and experience.
To propose a workshop, please send NCR:
- Organization name, address and contact information.
- Presenter information and title.
- Name and contact information of additional presenters or panelists.
- Session Title: 5-7 words maximum.
- Synopsis: A few sentences to be used in program booklets.
- Full description: 300 words maximum, including learning objectives.
- Preferred schedule: Morning or afternoon.
- Time needed for set up and clean up.
- Session format: Debate, clinic, dialogue, moderated session, panel, presentation, etc.
- Equipment: Please send a request if additional equipment is needed. Organizers can provide flip charts, markers, room set-up, LCD projector, screen, a microphone, speakers (upon request).