City Academy for Youth
Register for the 2018 City Academy today! Learn about topics ranging from finances and mental health to affordable housing and employment with the City of Minneapolis. Get a behind-the-scenes look at how the Minneapolis City government functions and meet City staff and leaders.We will have presentations on local government, the Health Department, 911 and Police, Community Planning and Economic Development and Civil Rights and a meeting with local leaders.
- August 20-24, 2018, from 12:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Participants will also receive:
- Free lunch
- Free bus tokens
- Free interpreter upon request
Topics and Locations
Meets in City Hall
350 S 5th St, Minneapolis, MN 55415
- Monday: Introduction to City government in Minneapolis City Hall, room 319 on the 3rd floor.
- Tuesday: Affordable housing, employment opportunities, and tour of City Hall, room 319.
- Wednesday: Meeting with Minneapolis Police, room 241, 2nd floor.
- Thursday: Mental health and drug addiction, room 333, 3rd floor.
- Friday: Meet and greet with City leaders, room 319.
To register, visit the registration form page.
Contact [email protected] with questions or call or text 612-271-6579.
To view last year's City Academy for the general public, visit the City Academy page.
The goal of City Academy for Youth is to educate youth about the City government and learn about the various programs and job opportunities that the City offers.
Last updated Aug 21, 2018