Zoning & Planning Committee Agenda
Standing Committee of the City Council, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thursday, August 8, 2013
9:30 a.m. - Room 317, City Hall
Committee Members Present: Schiff, Tuthill, Goodman, Johnson
Committee Members Absent: Gordon, Reich
Council Committee Coordinator: Diana Armstrong, 612.673.2371
1. Longfellow Market – 3801, 3803, 3805, 3815 East Lake Street and 3013 38th Avenue South:
Approve the following petitions by Mularoni & Co Architecture, LLC:
- Petition to rezone 3801 and 3803 East Lake Street from the C1 Neighborhood Commercial District to the C2 Neighborhood Corridor Commercial District to allow for the unification of the underlying zoning for the properties located at 3801, 3803, 3805, and 3815 East Lake Street and 3013 38th Avenue South. (Ward 12)
- Petition to add the TP Transitional parking Overlay District to the property located at 3013 38th Avenue S, while maintaining the underlying R1A Single-family District.
- Petition for an alley vacation for the property located at 3801, 3803, 3805, and 3815 East Lake Street and 3013 38th Avenue South, subject to conditions.
Action Taken: Approved
Referred by Planning Commission, 6/10/2013
2. 301 and 311 East Lake Street:
Consider recommendation of the Planning Commission to approve the petition to rezone the properties from the C1 Neighborhood Commercial District to the C2 Neighborhood Corridor Commercial District. (Ward 8)
Action Taken: Postponed to the August 8 Zoning and Planning Committee meeting.
Action Taken: Denied petition to rezone and directed City Attorney to draft findings in support.
Notice: A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public
pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05
Committee actions will be referred to the next Council meeting: Friday, August 16, 2013
The next regular Zoning & Planning Committee Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 22, 2013
Attention: If you need this material in an alternative format, please call (612) 673-3737 or email NCR@minneapolismn.gov. Deaf and hard-of-hearing persons may use a relay service to call 311 agents at (612) 673-3000. TTY users may call (612) 673-2157 or (612) 673-2626.
Attention: If you have any questions regarding this material, please call 311 or (612) 673-2046. Hmong – Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koy dawb, hu 612.673.2800; Spanish – Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612.673.2700; Somali – Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612.673.3500.
The City of Minneapolis invites and encourages participation by every resident to each program, service and event within our city. Should you require an accommodation in order for you to fully participate, or should you require this document in a different format, please let us know by contacting 311 or (612) 673-3000 at least 5 days prior to the meeting.
Last updated Aug. 8, 2013