Minneapolis City Planning Commission
Committee of the Whole
4:30 p.m. - City Hall, 350 S 5th St, Room 319
May 22, 2014
1. Land Sale – 5227 Girard Ave N (Approval)
Review for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan the sale of 5227 Girard Ave N for construction of a new single-family home.
2. Land Sale – City owned land/excess right-of-way west of and adjacent to 1977 West River Road (Approval)
Review for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan the sale of city owned land/excess right-or-way west of and adjacent to 1977 West River Road for a business expansion.
3. Land Sale – Downtown East Block 1 Development (Approval)
Review for consistency with the comprehensive plan the sale of the liner parcel and air rights on Block 1 of the Downtown East development project bounded by Chicago Ave, Park Ave, 3rd St S, and 4th St S.
4. Kraus-Anderson - 501-523 9th St S, 502-518 9th St S, and 811 5th Ave S (Discussion)
Kraus Anderson will be consolidating its Twin Cities operations in a new 4-story, 80,000 square foot office building. The building will be LEED-certified and contain office workspace for 250 to 270 employees, conference rooms, a training center, a cafeteria, a fitness area and a total of 242 off-street parking spaces (48 underground parking spaces and 194 surface parking spaces).
5. Commons at Penn – 2201-2221 Golden Valley Rd. & 1823 Penn Ave N (Discussion)
New four-story, mixed-use building with 45 dwelling units.
6. Minneapolis Tree Advisory Commission (Discussion)
Discussion with Peggy Booth, co-chair of the MTAC
Last updated May 15, 2014