Minneapolis City Planning Commission
Committee of the Whole
4:30 p.m. - City Hall, 350 S 5th St, Room 319
October 31, 2013
1. Land Purchase – 425 and 416 Portland Ave S, 521 4th St S, 520 5th St S, and a portion or all of 501 4th St S. (Approval)
Review for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan the purchase of 425 and 416 Portland Ave S, 521 4th St S, 520 5th St S, and a portion or all of 501 4th St S. for a park and potentially a portion for development.
(Staff: Beth Elliott)
2. Greenway Heights Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Plan and the related Modification No. 2 to the Lake and Bloomington Redevelopment Plan and Modification No. 1 to the East Phillips Commons, Phase 1 TIF Plan (Approval)
Review for consistency with the comprehensive plan
(Staff: Paul Mogush)
3. Banyan Community Center - 2529 13th Ave S and 1308 E 26th St (Discussion)
Construction of a new community center
(Staff: Aaron Hanauer)
4. Text Amendment – Nicollet Mall Overlay District sign regulations (Discussion)
The purpose of the amendment is to review and amend the Nicollet Mall Overlay District sign regulations.
(Staff: Steve Poor)
5. Text Amendment – Omnibus amendment (Discussion)
The purpose of the amendment is to comprehensively review and amend the Zoning Code for the purpose of improving customer service, implementing numerous technical changes and ensuring more effective alignment with policy objectives.
(Staff: Jason Wittenberg)
6. Modifying site plan review standards (Discussion)
Last updated Oct 30, 2013