Minneapolis City Planning Commission
Committee of the Whole
4:30 p.m. - City Hall, 350 S 5th St, Room 319
October 17, 2013
1. Land Sales – 2029-2101 West Broadway (Approval)
Review for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan the sale of 2029-2101 West Broadway for commercial or mixed-use development.
2. Land Sales – 1926-2022 West Broadway (Approval)
Review for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan the sale of 1926-2022 West Broadway for the construction of multi-family housing.
3. Land Sales – 2648 Emerson Ave N (Approval)
Review for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan the sale of 2648 Emerson Ave N for conversion to a duplex.
4. Currie Park Tax Increment Financing Plan, Currie Park Redevelopment Plan, and Modification No. 8 to the Cedar-Riverside Urban Renewal Plan (Approval)
Review the plans and plan modification for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan.
5. 4525-4529 France Ave S (Discussion)
A new 31-unit, 3-story residential development with 41 parking stalls.
6. Downtown East Development - five-block area in downtown Minneapolis, with three blocks bounded by S 3rd St, 5th Ave S, S 4th St, and Chicago Ave S. The additional two blocks are bounded by S 4th St, 5th Ave S, S 5th St and Park Ave S. (Discussion)
A new Planned Unit development with approximately 1,400,000 square feet of office space; 20,300 square feet of commercial space and 203 residential units. The majority of the two blocks along S 5th St are proposed for park use.
7. Text Amendment – Board and care home/nursing home/assisted living facilities (Discussion)
The purpose of the amendment is to recognize board and care home facilities, nursing home facilities, and assisted living facilities as allowed uses in additional commercial zoning districts.
8. Text Amendment – Park dedication ordinance (Discussion)
The purpose of the amendment is to revise the parkland dedication ordinance to conform to recently adopted state law.
9. MoZaic Phase III - 1350 Lagoon Ave and 2900 Fremont Ave S (Discussion)
Phase III consists of a new 185,000 square foot office building, 12,000 square feet of ground floor commercial space and 40 new underground parking spaces.
10. Linden Hills Small Area Plan (Discussion)
Review the draft Linden Hills Small Area Plan in preparation for the City approval process.
11. Modifying site plan review standards (Discussion)
Last updated Oct. 15, 2013