Minneapolis City Planning Commission
Committee of the Whole
4:30 p.m. - City Hall, 350 S 5th St, Room 319
August 29, 2013
1. 301 Washington Ave S (Discussion)
Update on the construction of a 13-story mixed use building with two ground floor commercial spaces and 320 dwelling units.
2. 4th St SE Mixed Use – 1315-1319 4th St SE (Discussion)
A new 6-story, mixed use building with ground floor retail and 70 dwelling units.
3. Surly Brewery – 520 and 522 ½ Malcolm Ave SE and 3171 5th St SE (Discussion)
A proposed 48,200 square foot destination brewery that includes a beer production area, beer hall and tap room, restaurant, event space, an outdoor beer garden as well as offices and a sales shop.
4. Ryan Development – five-block area in downtown Minneapolis, with three blocks bounded by S 3rd St, 5th Ave S, S 4th St, and Chicago Ave S. The additional two blocks are bounded by S 4th St, 5th Ave S, S 5th St and Park Ave S. (Discussion)
A new Planned Unit development with up to1,400,000 square feet of office; 410 residential units (or 350 residential units and a 150 room/110,000 square foot hotel); 80,000 square feet of retail; and 1,925 parking spaces; all concentrated on the three blocks along S 3rd St. The two blocks along S 5th St are proposed for park use.
5. Modifying site plan review standards (Discussion)
Last updated Aug. 23, 2013