File Number: 16-00949
Waste tires as ground cover on children’s outdoor play areas in Minneapolis
- Receiving public comment and a presentation from members of Play it Safe Minneapolis and Healthy Legacy regarding the use of discarded motor vehicle tires as ground cover on children’s outdoor play areas in Minneapolis.
- Requesting that the Public Health Advisory Committee and the Community Environmental Advisory Commission study and make recommendations regarding the use of waste tires as ground cover in Minneapolis and report back to the Health, Environment and Community Engagement Committee in February of 2017.
- Directing staff from the Health Department and City Coordinator’s Office of Sustainability to work with the Public Health Advisory Committee and the Community Environmental Advisory Commission to support their efforts to study and make recommendations regarding the use of waste tires as ground cover in Minneapolis.
Originating Department: City Council
- Waste Tires as Ground Cover RCA
- Minneapolis Public Health Advisory Committee Recommendation on Use of Crumb Rubber (Oct. 29, 2008)
- Minneapolis Community Environmental Advisory Commission Recommendation on Use of Crumb Rubber Applications (Dec. 11, 2008)
- Play It Safe Minneapolis Presentation
- Public Comment
- 17-00111 Recommendations on Use of Recycled Tire Mulch
July 11, 2016: HECE Agenda
July 11, 2016: HECE Committee Report
July 22, 2016: City Council Agenda
July 22, 2016: Official Proceedings
July 26, 2016: Official Act
Submit written comments about this item to: [email protected].
Last updated May 8, 2017