File Number: 16-00390
Workplace Partnership Group staff direction
Directing the City Coordinator and the City Attorney to organize, convene, and lead a multi-department work group to review and respond to the recommendations of the Workplace Regulations Partnership Group (WPG) for a municipal policy on earned sick leave, including:
- Draft an ordinance for a municipal earned sick leave policy for City Council consideration.
- Develop a recommendation for a program to administer the municipal sick leave policy, including identifying a responsible department charged with implementing and enforcing any proposed ordinance, preparing a plan for start-up and ongoing operating costs, and creating a communications and outreach plan and timeline.
- Identify outstanding concerns about a municipal sick leave policy and unresolved issues, including but not limited to issues identified in the WPG Report regarding casual employees and others with unique employment arrangements, issues articulated in the Cramer dissenting opinion, and those issues collected through community listening sessions, and propose strategies to mitigate, minimize, or resolve such concerns with the policy or administration of a municipal sick leave program to the extent practicable and not in conflict with the overall intent of the WPG Report.
The foregoing directives are to be reported back to a specially-called meeting of the Committee of the Whole on May 5, 2016.
In addition, the City Coordinator, along with assistance from a multi-department work group, will develop a recommendation for a permanent Workplace Regulations Partnership Group, to be reported back to the Committee of the Whole no later than Wednesday, May 25, 2016.
Originating Department: City Council
- Sick Leave Policy RCA
- Sick Leave Policy Presentation, May 5, 2016
- Workplace Regulations Draft Ordinance
- Permanent Workplace Advisory Committee recommendation RCA
- Workplace Advisory Committee Presentation, June 15, 2016
March 18, 2016: City Council Agenda
March 18, 2016: Official Proceedings
March 23, 2016: Official Act
May 5, 2016: COW Agenda
May 5, 2016: COW Committee Report
May 25, 2016: COW Agenda
May 25, 2016: COW Committee Report
June 15, 2016: COW Agenda
June 15, 2016: COW Committee Report
Submit written comments about this item to: [email protected].
Last updated Jul 15, 2016