MINNEAPOLIS HERITAGE PRESERVATION COMMISSION
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2017
3:30 p.m. | City Hall, Room 319 | 350 South 5th Street | Minneapolis, MN 55415
Laura Faucher, Chair | Diana Dyste | Laurel Fritz | Barbara Howard | Susan Hunter Weir
Ginny Lackovic | Linda Mack | Dan Olson | Ian Stade | Madelyn Sundberg
CALL TO ORDER
PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
(THE COMMISSION MAY TAKE ACTION ON ITEMS AS PART OF A CONSENT AGENDA AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING. IN THESE INSTANCES, THE COMMISSION CHAIR WILL OPEN THE PUBLIC HEARING AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING AND WILL ASK WHETHER ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE TESTIMONY OR EXPRESS CONCERNS ABOUT ITEMS RECOMMENDED FOR THE CONSENT AGENDA. IF YOU PLAN TO SPEAK TO AN ISSUE ON THE AGENDA, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU ARRIVE AT THE MEETING AT 4:30 OR CONTACT THE ASSIGNED CITY STAFF PERSON IN ADVANCE. PLEASE CONTACT CPED STAFF WITH ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU HAVE ABOUT THE CONSENT AGENDA.)
Please note: if you plan on speaking, please sign in on the sheet located in the hallway, and then state your name and address clearly into the microphone when you come up to speak.
1. 500 6th Street South, Ward 7
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings for the application by the City of Minneapolis to extend interim protection for the Minneapolis Armory at 500 6th St S:
A. Landmark Designation extension.
Recommended motion: Extend interim protection of the Minneapolis Armory at 500 6th Street South to June 19, 2017, or until a decision has been made on the designation, whichever is sooner, to allow for the completion of the designation process.
NEXT REGULAR HERITAGE PRESERVATION COMMISSION MEETING: JANUARY 31, 2017
· The Chair reserves the right to limit discussion on agenda items.
· Please contact staff after the hearing if you have any questions regarding your project.
· Heritage Preservation Commission decisions are final unless appealed.
· The meeting site is wheelchair accessible. For other reasonable accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2162 (673-2157 TTY/VOICE) at least five days prior to the meeting.
· Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500
Last updated Jan 12, 2017