Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission Agenda
4:30 p.m., Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Room 317, City Hall
350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1385
Commission Membership: Mr. Paul Bengtson, Ms. Laura Faucher, Mr. Alex Haecker, Mr. Chris Hartnett, Ms. Susan Hunter Weir, Ms. Ginny Lackovic, Ms. Linda Mack, Mr. Dan Olson, Mr. Ian Stade, and Ms. Constance Vork
Committee Clerk: Fatima Porter, 612.673.3153
Call to Order
Petitions and Communications
Approval of Actions from the January 20, 2014 meeting
Approval of Agenda
- If you plan on speaking, please sign in on the sheet located in the hallway and state your name and address clearly into the microphone.
- Contact staff after the hearing if you have any questions regarding your project.
- Food and beverages are prohibited from the Council Chambers, and cell phones must be turned off during the proceedings.
Robert Pfefferle with Hines North Loop Green LLC has applied for a Certificate of Appropriateness application to construct a new office building located at 316 Third Avenue North. The site is located in the Minneapolis Warehouse Historic District.
Staff recommendation: The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings and approve the Certificate of Appropriateness to allow for the construction of a new seven-story, approximately 263,000 square foot office building located at 316 Third Avenue North, subject to the following conditions:
- By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of two years from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approved is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one year extension if the request is made in writing no later than February 3, 2017.
- By ordinance, all approvals granted in this Certificate of Appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this Certificate of Appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
- There shall be no signs located near the top of the building. All signs should be designed in accordance with the Design Guidelines for On-Premise Signs and Awnings.
The next regular Heritage Preservation Commission meeting: February 17, 2015.
The Chair reserves the right to limit discussion on Agenda items.
Heritage Preservation Commission decisions are final unless appealed.
Attention: The meeting site is wheelchair accessible: if you need other disability related accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in alternative format, please contact 612.673.3220 (673.2157) TTDY/VOICE at least five days prior to the meeting.
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call: Hmong – Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koy dawb, hu 612.673.2800; Spanish – Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612.673.2700; Somali – Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612.673.3500.
Last updated Feb 3, 2015